Sunday 5 January 2014

SWF Blog 50 Match Challenge

   The New Year is a time for new resolutions, new starts, and all of that. I don't really go in for the resolution thing because like 99% of us I'm rubbish at it. That being said I have set myself a small challenge for 2014 that is to attend at least 50 women's football matches! Now originally when I had this brainwave it was going to be 100! Whoa steady on boy!! Reeled it in to a more modest target so the real challenge is to see if I can break it.
    There are afterall a few factors that have to be considered, A) the British weather, B) the FAWSL fixture scheduling and C) the government introducing a tax rebate on petrol for supporters of women's football. None of these things are likely to be favourable and with the nearest WSL team a 2 hour drive from Norfolk the car will be needing a service far too regulary. That though won't stop me looking forwards to it. Plenty of winter league action happening before then however to attend. Keep an eye on my tweets at @GilharrenD under the caption (SWF Blog 50) to see my progress got into the habit of taking a picture on the mobile where ever I turn up Game #1 is ticked off Alysham Ladies FC v Attleborough Ladies just another 49 to go....
   Not that I'm the only fan who will be clocking up the games sure plenty of you will be out to beat that tally and our paths will cross somewhere.... who'd have thought this neutral lark could be so enjoyable. Here's to supporting women's football in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment