Friday 22 August 2014

Women's Football East launches

  

     Annoucing the arrival of my new website http://womensfootballeast.com


  An idea I have had for sometime and has finally become a reality. Enjoy covering women's football via this blog, the natural progression was to increase my attempts to help promote and cover women's football by adding a website.

    The website however is entitled Women's Football East and it differs from the blog in that it's content will be exclusively from the East of England or more importantly the women's football clubs that play there.

    If you have taken the time to read this blog you will know that I am a huge fan of the FAWSL albeit without a particular club, enjoy travelling to the various grounds up and down the country and supporting the women that want the play the sport.

    I'm a Norfolk boy however and a part of me would love to see a women's football club from the eastern region do well and rise up the leagues maybe eventually claim a spot in the FAWPL South or even FAWSL.

   Right now the highest tier in the women's football pyramid (recently restored by the FA) where you'll find a club from the East of England is the FAWPL South East Division One the 4th tier.

   That is then where Women's Football East will begin it's coverage.

  Plenty of women's football to be found below that tier in the East of England and Women's Football East will cover that to - the regional set up too. The Eastern Region Women's Football League. Three leagues in all the Premier, as well as Division One North & South.

    Below that tier is the grassroots of the game the county league set ups in various different guises and numbers of clubs and leagues Women's Football East will look to bring you the information from Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Bedfordshire & Hertfordshire.

   That is quite a bit of women's football and I will have my work cut out that's for sure but very much looking forwards to the challenge.

  There is little content on the website right now, it's a new hosting after I switched late on from my original provider, most of what I do is self taught so I'm learning as I go along really finding it fascinating creating new content. I'm a bit of a stats geek so league tables and other such number crunching is something I love doing.

   From small beginnings my hope is the website will grow and do a job in helping to promote the women's game.

   Right now the aim is to bring you updated league tables, fixtures and results. After that directories and news, club info and a blog. Match reports will be as regular as the matches I can get to, will work in conjunction with the blog.

   Will run a separate twitter feed for Women's Football East so please give @WF_East a follow, there I will post as much info on women's football in the East of England as I can.

    Will also create a facebook page in due course.

  Of course your feedback is always appreciated let me know what else you think the webite should cover. Maybe point out something that you think I'm doing wrong.. or right.

   Will be busy uploading content to the website and tweaking it here and there over the coming weeks, by no means the finished result.. but hopefully a good start.

  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment