Monday 28 July 2014

SWF Blog 50 Match Challenge update - Games 41 - 50

  
   Challenge Complete!!!

 
    What else is there left to say? I set out at the start of the 2014 to undertake the Supporting Women's Football Blog 50 Match Challenge (SWF Blog 50) if you didn't see the 1st entry on this and how it all began take a look back here http://tinyurl.com/n95qotm
    
      50 matches watched and most reported on too in the Supporting Women's Football Blog. I really have enjoyed the experience watching the women's game for all aspects from the grassroots football of my native Norfolk all the way to International matches, cup and league, friendlies and finals. Met so many fantastic people along the way too. Have clocked up the miles (well the car does that part I guess) is in need of another service the 2nd of the year! The British road network can be trying at times and the weather.. well unpredictable.
 
    The 1st 40 games raced along was racking them up in double quick time.. but the last 10 took a little longer as the FAWSL season break happened and I was forced to have a rest myself, although to be fair I think I needed it too, recharge the batteries and go again, still it's only the end of July and game #50 has been ticked off..
 
    So where have I been these past 10 matches, Games #41 - 50
 
                    Game #41 - Everton Ladies U17s 0-1 Liverpool Ladies U17s
                                                (FA Youth Cup Final) 1st June
 
                    Game #42 - Everton Ladies 0-2 Arsenal Ladies
                                         (Women's FA Cup Final) 1st June
 
                    Game #43 - Scotland Women 1-3 Sweden Women
                                        (Women's World Cup Qualifier) 14th June
 
                    Game #44 - Birmingham City Ladies 0-2 Notts County Ladies
                                        (Continental Cup Group Three) 6th July
 
                    Game #45 - Yeovil Town Ladies 0-4 Notts County Ladies
                                        (Continental Cup Group Three) 12th July
 
                    Game #46 - Chelsea Ladies 13-0 London Bees
                                        (Continental Cup Group One) 13th July
 
                    Game #47 - Birmingham City Ladies 2-1 Bristol Academy
                                                   (FAWSL 1) 16th July
 
                    Game #48 - Chelsea Ladies 2-1 Manchester City Women
                                                   (FAWSL 1) 20th July
 
                    Game #49 - Doncaster Rovers Belles 1-1 Sunderland Ladies
                                                   (FAWSL 2) 26th July
 
                     Game #50 - Yeovil Town Ladies 2-0 Millwall Lionesses
                                                   (FAWSL 2) 27th July
 
     50 matches complete all in the cause of supporting women's football and not once have I stopped and wondered why on earth I'm doing this. It's always entertaining in the women's game the ball never stops moving it's all I can do to keep up with my note taking sometimes the hand writing is terrible but the notes jog the memory I relive the game I watched as I write the report.
 
   Now what do I do?
 
  50 matches complete I could stop here right?
 
   Of course that's not going to happen still I need to think up a new plan. If you've read the 1st entry to this thread you'll know I reeled myself in somewhat had the crazy notion I might be able to do 100 women's football matches in a calender year (maybe I will one day), 7 months have passed though so another 50 might be beyond me still I reckon I can get close so the next picture I take on my twitter feed at a women's football match will start with (SWF Blog 90) that is a challenge 90 women's football matches in 2014 got my work cut out (the car just groaned). I'm looking forwards to it already so let's end this post like the rest...
 
   Next update in 10 matches time....

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment